Sunday 22 January 2012

Time out, or something

I've been browsing eateries and hotels on Google Earth as of late. I've largely confined my browsing activities to the Netherlands.

I must say that I've learned some interesting stuff. For example, my old parental home in Wormerveer is, as the crow flies, only 10 miles away from the Tuschinski in Amsterdam, and 7,000 miles from where I live now.

Also, I've made out Wormerveer's surroundings relative to neighbouring towns and villages, surfed the main streets of Amsterdam and its cafes behind the Old Church, checked out bakeries countrywide based on random whim, and sampled hotel accommodations and amenities, also countrywide and based on random whim.

Wormerveer has some cosy looking inns and an inviting looking lodging establishment. As for its restaurants: while a couple do seem like well thought-out projects, others look like they could use a Restaurant Makeover (I base my verdict purely on what information and pictures I can find on their websites, so tifwii).

I guess I'm in need of some time out or something, and that I like food a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment