Tuesday 19 October 2010

So I went tenpin bowling 2

So you're supposed to roll the ball in such a way that it hits the space (the "pocket") between pins #1 and #3 (or #2 if you're a lefty) at an angle. This means that the ball has to travel in a wide curve, or that a straight ball has to make a sudden twist just as it's about to hit the pins, or that you make the ball go any which way you please so as long you hit the sweet spot at an angle. In bowling parlance this is called a "hook". Do as much damage as you can with a hook in your first of two chances in a "frame".

Roll the ball hard, slow, or something in between the two. Use the markers on the lane to help you with your aim – or not. It would also help if you have your own personal ball as opposed to using house balls. And if your ball's a bit too heavy for you to hook, go ahead and invest in a wrist support as well.

I've yet to buy myself my own ball, but if I do I'm going for a shiny 10-pounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment